I created this Cli / Terminal Podcast player, because I was looking for something nice and simply I could use while I was working on my hobby projects. Well it turned into an entire new hobby project. I made it as a Dotnet Core Global tool that can be installed on Windows machines by using the command be below in commandline / powershell.
dotnet tool install --global TopSwagCode.CLI.PodcastPlayer --version 1.0.3
Once installed, you can start it up in commandline/powershell by typing:
- Enter (Start / stop podcast).
- Space (Pause/Unpause podcast).
- F1, F2 (Volume control).
- Mouse (Pick and start podcast(Bug in current version)).
Below here you can see a small preview of the project:
- Opensource the project after cleanup of code.
- CI/CD Github action pipeline.
- Filter / Search for podcats.
- Add other podcast feeds.
- Add localstorage for storing progress of podcasts.
- Add some kind of play queue.
- Add more UI (Colume control, Progress bar, Podcast description).
- User login / Cloud storage.